12tflops for what? The PS5 beheads the X. Digital Foundry Hogwarths Legacy analysis.

• 86 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39695 Posts

This is incredibly pathetic. Everything that's coming out, runs and looks better on my PS5. Where are the tool, Phil? Just like Callisto, and soon to be Atomic Heart, the X is simply incapable of handling newly released titles. By the end of 2023, the X might need an upgrade faster than the Switch does, and that is frustrating to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

I own all systems. I play HL on a 4080 that beheads them all. In theory....

(Running at a staggering 40 fps because the game is badly optimized for the PC)

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

Oh noes

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@theam0g: I swear there's a conspiracy against PC with newer titles. It's never been this bad. Poor optimization seems to be the rule.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44542 Posts

My disappointment is immeasurable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Mind posting the accurate highlights? The game constantly drops from 4K DLSS Quality (1440p) on a 3080/5900x build, from 60fps to mid-teens. I've also had heavy drops on the PS5 in performance mode. For PS5, it tends to be when I transition from a heavy area, whereas PC can be sporadic.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen: I'm shocked that a multiplat that got financial support from Sony runs better on the PS5.

Just... shocked.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: I'm shocked that a multiplat that got financial support from Sony runs better on the PS5.

Just... shocked.

Is this your excuse for everything that's coming out in 2023?😆😆😆

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dabear

@hardwenzen: Is there anything coming to PS5 in 2023?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Is there anything coming to PS5 in 2023?

FF16, a bigger and guaranteed to be higher scoring than ANYTHING on your Box. Rolled.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 720 Posts

@nod_calypse: there is no conspiracy

It's just easier to optimize for consoles.

PC has a ton of different configurations that you have to account for.

Besides Sony supported this game. They may have provided extra tech support to optimize for their console.

Nvidia does that too for other titles.

Xbox probably performs worse,

because they didn't provide optimization support, but my guess is that after a few patches, the series x will perform better, as it is the most powerful of the current consoles.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dabear

@hardwenzen: LMAO. It's timed exclusive, according to the CMA link. That's your saving grace - a timed exclusive game.

Let's see what makes the bigger splash- FF16 or Starfield.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@dabear: indeed, the ps5 version even got exclusive content. It's good to be the market leader, you can pull scams like this and get away with it. I remember when Xbox 360 was winning hard, those were the good days. We would always get the best version of everything first, exclusive 3rd party stuff and more. If not for japan, pulling the ps3 from the literal grave, nobody would remember it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: LMAO. It's timed exclusive, according to the CMA link. That's your saving grace - a timed exclusive game.

Let's see what makes the bigger splash- FF16 or Starfield.

Can you play it on your X in June? lolno. MS has no answer to it, and this is sad.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

Xbox tools is awfully late

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7058 Posts

Avalanche must not have got " teh tools".

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@nod_calypse: '@theam0g: I swear there's a conspiracy against PC with newer titles. It's never been this bad. Poor optimization seems to be the rule.'

Most developing studios focus most of their time and resources on the console versions and then hire a 3rd party studio to port the console code over to the PC. They usually don't give them a lot of time and/or resources before launch in order to get it done, thus resulting in terrible performance on a $5k PC while a $400 console can run it easily.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

@theam0g: I swear there's a conspiracy against PC with newer titles. It's never been this bad. Poor optimization seems to be the rule.

Nvidia paying devs to **** up their game optimization to push people into buying 4090s.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sakaiXx

@theam0g said:

@nod_calypse: '@theam0g: I swear there's a conspiracy against PC with newer titles. It's never been this bad. Poor optimization seems to be the rule.'

Most developing studios focus most of their time and resources on the console versions and then hire a 3rd party studio to port the console code over to the PC. They usually don't give them a lot of time and/or resources before launch in order to get it done, thus resulting in terrible performance on a $5k PC while a $400 console can run it easily.

Honestly I think its not that deep. The increasing complexities of visuals versus the amount of variations in PC. Devs just could not spare more time to optimize PC ports. I mean if we look at steam hardware devs have to cater to lowest common dominator the mid range old gpu like the 1060, 3050 to name a few while supporting visuals for the higher range.

Idk I am just assuming.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

The console that's selling 2-1 is probably going to get the better optimization. Sales do matter.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@theam0g said:

Honestly I think its not that deep. The increasing complexities of visuals versus the amount of variations in PC. Devs just could not spare more time to optimize PC ports. I mean if we look at steam hardware devs have to cater to lowest common dominator the mid range old gpu like the 1060, 3050 to name a few while supporting visuals for the higher range.

Idk I am just assuming.

It's just slider shit so not really.

What the real culpit is shader complilation. DX12 is a low level API and has to deal with shader compilations. This is easily solvable to some extend by just reloading shaders after the first boot to get rid of stutters. Sadly devs can't figure this shit out so its a stutter shit show. Also PC maxed out settings are far more higher then consoles could dream off.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sakaiXx

@Gatygun said:
@sakaixx said:
@theam0g said:

Idk I am just assuming.

It's just slider shit so not really.

What the real culpit is shader complilation. DX12 is a low level API and has to deal with shader compilations. This is easily solvable to some extend by just reloading shaders after the first boot to get rid of stutters. Sadly devs can't figure this shit out so its a stutter shit show. Also PC maxed out settings are far more higher then consoles could dream off.

Ah so they have to ensure compatibility with drivers too like DX11 & DX12 drivers. These shit fragmented so bad.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Lems before the patch - “So what that PS has the exclusive quest. The game runs better on Xbox and we got the day one patch before PS. Haha, PS has to wait for their patch.”

Lems after the patch and the facts come out that the PS version is superior- “Reeee!”

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Poor poor pedro, he was doing his damdest to try to debunk the comparison I provided to this board that not only showed PS5's clear advantage over XSX but also pointed to it's advantages over the PC version over a week ago.

He tried to use El Analistdebits to counter the comparison I provided when the analyst he suggested NEVER shows the severe drops a PC has in his analysis the same way he omitted them from his Dead Space Remake analysis ect.

Hogwarts Legacy PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S comparison. Time to give Mark Cerny his flowers...

Loading Video...

@7:10

SPEAKER 1"It's almost like, on the Series X version especially, It's almost like it doesn't drop frames, per sey, it just locks up ever so slightly, just locks up for 3 or 4 frames"

SPEAKER 2 "Do you recon it has to do with loading between areas or stuff like that?"

SPEAKER 1 "I do actually think it is yeah."

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-compariosn-t-33597841/

🤔"Bu but Sony's SSD tech will have no performance benefit to games, it's just for loading screens.."

It needs to be said once again for all the ignorant people on this who think they're tech experts but clearly don't know anything about hardware advancements, it's time to give Mark Cerny his flowers.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By above_average

@hardwenzen:

Another irony in this analysis is Rich from DF blaiming the issues xbox is having on...CPU limitations?

LMFAO

In retrospect, didn't DF and every xbox fan and PC know it all make it clear that not just Xbox Series X but also Series S have FASTER CPU clocks than PS5????????????????????

So, how TF can the culprit in performance issues on xbox consoles for this game be CPU when the PS5 is VASTLY superior in performance compared to the xbox versions?

PS5 doesn't have ANY advantage in CPU capability over Xbox Sereis systems! However, PS5 does have a significant advantage in IO/SSD architecture over Xbox Series consoles which DF also dismissed as a performance advantage for PS5 regardless of everything Mark Cerny tried to explain every arm chair tech expert before the consoles launched.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KathaarianCode

Below average IQ 🤣

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By above_average
@kathaariancode said:

Bellow average IQ 🤣

A below average IQ is someone who bought into all the 12 Tflop = better, 25TFlops of RT performance and FULL RDNA2.0 PR marketing from MS.

Since you seem triggered by my post, I guess you feel identified. Tough!

It won't get any better for you the more developers lean in to current gen systems and leverage developing games around current gen capability and critically IO/SSD.

LMFAO at Series S literally needing a loading screen to go through doors in this game but many of you tried to promote that POS as a real current gen system.

BTW it's spelled "below" 🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Poo cows, still believing...

lolol :P

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KathaarianCode

@above_average: I just find funny the absolute lack of logic of your post. It's clearly form someone who appears to have below average IQ which is ironic considering with you user name. I just can't ignore the irony of it.

If a game isn't well optimized for a system you can be CPU limited all the same. When you have such a basic flaw building your whole argument one has to point it out. Do you think that unoptimized code means gremlins and magic?

It's not that you're right or wrong, just that even if you are right that's accidental. Because your reasoning it's pure fanboy logic.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Those who rely on one aspect of the hardware to dictate the power of a console are very naive. 360 being superior to PS3 despite the 'mighty power of the Cell' was a perfect example of it.

As for current gen, i always said that both consoles were very similar in capabilities. Both have pros and cons.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@PAL360: Exactly. Thats why Switch is number one current gen seller. And Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom looks better than 70% of the game that run on them systems.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

The console that's selling 2-1 is probably going to get the better optimization. Sales do matter.

exactly, though that will change when we buy out the industry...heck yeah!!

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Nobody cares how hogwarts legacy or gollum runs on systems

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70400 Posts

Even when I am not in a thread Sony fannies can't stop talking about me. 😂 Now, the absolute funniest thing is that Sony fannies are back to secret sauce of SSD rendering triangles. 🤣 The ignorance of some folks are beyond reasoning.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:

Even when I am not in a thread Sony fannies can't stop talking about me. 😂 Now, the absolute funniest thing is that Sony fannies are back to secret sauce of SSD rendering triangles. 🤣 The ignorance of some folks are beyond reasoning.

Except there is no "secret sauce" I'm leaning on when speaking on the matter.

Tell me, exactly what "secret sauce" have I mentioned here?

It's not a secret dufus. The information was provided to everyone before the consoles launched. Just because you're a member of the peanut gallery that decided to make up your own conclusions about PS5's hardware capability doesn't mean your collective stupidity was validated.

You desperately pointed to sources like ElAnalistaDeBits dispite me pointed out to you he explicitly OMITTED the performance issues on PC in games like this and Dead Space Remake. NOW that Digital Foundry has confirmed PS5's massive performance advantage over Series X with frame rate and excessive stuttering you have egg on your face.

PS5's HARDWARE IO/SSD advantage over more conventional solutions like Xbox Series and PC is FACT. It's literally apart of PS5's spec sheet.

It's not my fault tech rejects like yourself chose to ignore and make up your own conclusions that PS5's I/O SSD hardware advantages would have no impact on game performance. That's a YOU problem.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro said:

The more emojis in your post the more butthurt you truly are.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@above_average said:

It's not a secret dufus. The information was provided to everyone before the consoles launched. Just because you're a member of the peanut gallery that decided to make up your own conclusions about PS5's hardware capability doesn't mean your collective stupidity was validated.

You desperately pointed to sources like ElAnalistaDeBits dispite me pointed out to you he explicitly OMITTED the performance issues on PC in games like this and Dead Space Remake. NOW that Digital Foundry has confirmed PS5's massive performance advantage over Series X with frame rate and excessive stuttering you have egg on your face.

PS5's HARDWARE IO/SSD advantage over more conventional solutions like Xbox Series and PC is FACT. It's literally apart of PS5's spec sheet.

It's not my fault tech rejects like yourself chose to ignore and make up your own conclusions that PS5's I/O SSD hardware advantages would have no impact on game performance. That's a YOU problem.

Now, try facts.

@randy_lahey said:

The more emojis in your post the more butthurt you truly are.

Hello alt. Did my comment get to you again?😂

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Pedro: how upset are you that PS5 > XSX?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@randy_lahey: Damn. How bad did he hurt you in the past angry alt boy? You got it real bad for him. 😅

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 above_average

@randy_lahey said:

Pedro tried to use ElAnalistaDeBits comparison to debunk my original thread showings the profound advantage PS5 had over Xbox Series systems in performance when it comes to streaming/loading environment and traversal in this game.

When I pointed out that the analysis he tried to use as a source OMITS performance hickups PC has compared to consoles he goes on a rant making tons of excuses...

NOW that Digital Foundry validated the conclusions of my original comparison video thread..

Loading Video...

SPEAKER 1"It's almost like, on the Series X version especially, It's almost like it doesn't drop frames, per sey, it just locks up ever so slightly, just locks up for 3 or 4 frames"

SPEAKER 2 "Do you recon it has to do with loading between areas or stuff like that?"

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/hogwarts-legacy-ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-compariosn-t-33597841/

all Pedro has to respond with is gutless deflection and childish name calling...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

WTF!? 30 fps for "highest" settings. 40 fps for medium. 1440p 50-60fps for low. Only get over 60 fps if you use 1080p omega cringe very low settings. ROFL.

These are all nightmare fuel.

@above_average said:

I'm playing it at 2-4x PS5 fps and higher settings. Stuttering is gone from Nexus mods. Stay far behind.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pedro

@above_average said:
@randy_lahey said:

Pedro tried to use ElAnalistaDeBits comparison to debunk my original thread showings the profound advantage PS5 had over Xbox Series systems in performance when it comes to streaming/loading environment and traversal in this game.

When I pointed out that the analysis he tried to use as a source OMITS performance hickups PC has compared to consoles he goes on a rant making tons of excuses...

NOW that Digital Foundry validated the conclusions of my original comparison video thread..

Loading Video...

all Pedro has to respond with is gutless deflection and childish name calling...

😂🤣
😂🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

@randy_lahey: Damn. How bad did he hurt you in the past angry alt boy? You got it real bad for him. 😅

The two alts are in a perpetual state of

😂
😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371  Online

@Pedro: Absolutely true. It really is quite something. 😂

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Think Sony designed their system to be easier to develop for. It's been showing in the 3rd party games.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

The weaker console out performing more powerful hardware.

And cows think it's secret sauce 🤣

Mind I think it's time Xbox sent Devs out to help these 3rd party struggling to develop properly for the series x.

Sony are obviously paying for this,the same way they pay to keep games off gamepass

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By above_average
@robert_sparkes said:

Think Sony designed their system to be easier to develop for. It's been showing in the 3rd party games.

Something that Sony also said but also something people also disputed and tried to argue against before the consoles launched.

People wanted to pick and choose WHO they to believe about performance capabilities from each company (despite the fact that Sony is literally the HARDWARE/technology company between the two choices) now that it's time to cash in on which bets are paying off, people here are having problems accepting the results.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@simple-facts said:

The weaker console out performing more powerful hardware.

And cows think it's secret sauce 🤣

Mind I think it's time Xbox sent Devs out to help these 3rd party struggling to develop properly for the series x.

Sony are obviously paying for this,the same way they pay to keep games off gamepass

Both run like absolute shit lol.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By above_average

@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

Now, try facts.

Facts?

No problem, here are some facts for you!

But these facts probably don't sit well with the 12Tflop, FULL RDNA 2.0, 25 Tflops of RT performance = always having better graphics & performance than PS5 that you previously belived as a self asses tech expert.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@above_average: You think that there is a dispute over the game's actual performance on various platforms?😂🤣