Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Hello,

I'm interested in buying ps5 at holiday. I started Nintendo as an adult back in the 80's. I have every Nintendo console and play mostly Mario and Zelda games. I've only played Nintendo.

I've read that only newer ps4 games will play on ps5. I'm interested in playing Horizon Forbidden West and am wondering if Horizon Zero Dawn would be playable on ps5. Any opinions on this would be appreciated since this is my most important reason for writing this on the play station forum.

Breath of the Wild was a recent favorite of mine which makes me think Horizon could be something I would like. Any opinions on this? Answers from people who play both consoles could be helpful.

Other Nintendo games I play most lately are Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario.

As for ps5 I'm also interested in Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Stray.

Other ps5 titles that seem interesting are Little Devil Inside, Project Athia, Returnal and possibly Pragmata and Kena:Bridge of Spirits.

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions.

Carol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

To be honest, if you you have no exposure to the Playstation brand and you would like to get the most out of your first purchase, I think you should go for the Playstation 4 for a couple reasons:

1. It's going to be cheaper now that it's reaching the end of its lifespan.

2. It has an established game library already since it has been in the market since 2013.

‐------

The thing about new console launches is they're not going to have established game libraries right out the gate because naturally game libraries grow over time, and sometimes it can take a couple years before those libraries become respectable.

I think you'll get the most bang for your buck if you're not concerned about being up-to-date with next-gen hardware: by going with PS4 if you want an instantly accessible library of games to give you a taste of what the Playstation brand is about.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 calway55

Thanks for your feedback. I can't possibly play a ton of games and not concerned about a big library.

I'm drawn to the shorter loading times of the ps5 along with ray tracing.

The games I listed that I'm interested in would take up plenty of time making it near impossible to play the older games. It's most likely many of the ps 4 games will be playable. I still will be playing Switch games and I have a huge library of Nintendo games dating back to 87'.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@calway55: That's fair, just as long as you know what you're getting into that the PS5 library will take several years to fully flesh out.

Going off your taste in Nintendo games, I must recommend you the Ico trilogy. The trilogy consists of Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian.

Here's a look at the latter title:

Loading Video...

If you like that whimsical nature of a Zelda adventure, you might enjoy these ones. The first two games originally came out on the PS2 but Sony has since then given them their HD remaster, and surely they'll end up on the PS5 as well.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By calway55

Well thanks for that! Looks good.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points