Wow, did Stellar Blade make game journalists look stupid.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

Seriously, they have done more to help Stellar Blade sales than any ad the developers have put out. It is hilarious.

So how is Stellar Blade problematic? Is there offensive or dangerous stereotyping? Nope. Are children being sexualized and are Eve and Lily children? Nope. Who does Eve's sexualized looks actually hurt? Nobody.

Eve's looks is a complete non issue but here we are, idiotic Western game journalists can't help themselves. And now all there alt right imbeciles are out of the woodwork. Congratulations game journalists, bad meets ugly, thanks to your hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy that ignores the fact that women worked on Stellar Blade, or that in Asian countries, female gamers actually like how their female characters are depicted. Only speaking for themselves and ignoring how everyone else feels, the western game journalist's ignorance is telling.

Hell, they don't even understand Eve as a character, calling her flat and without development, when in reality, her personality and character journey are pretty subtle. Game journalists struggle with subtle characters, for example, Kena. All wrapped up in her looks, and couldn't even judge her story properly. Or that Eve and especially Lily may be LGBT, and out of Korea, that is something (Korea is far less supportive of LGBT rights than Japan is).

Here is to Stellar Blade embarrassing journalists (and alt right idiots at the same time it seems) and it becoming a huge seller, and it outselling FFVII Rebirth, which it looks like it could, would be hilarious. Where is all the outrage from journalists with Tifa? LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69980 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44344 Posts

@Pedro: I was thinking the same thing. 😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

My advice is to go talk about it on Twitter, cause this looks like Twitter crap and this doesn't fit well for a discussion in system wars. Whatever Stellar Blade did is someone else problem.

@Archangel3371 said:

@Pedro: I was thinking the same thing. 😂

I couldn't agree more. All I know is this thread is getting locked.