More Switch 2 Rumors! Far Cry 7, New 3D Mario, more RAM than XSS!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

Wowza, another week of some compelling Switch 2 Rumors!

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-2-games-leaks-far-cry-7/

Far Cry 7will reportedly get a day-one release on the nextNintendoconsole, tentatively dubbed the Switch 2. That's according to a known Nintendo leaker who recently claimedthe Switch 2 will have more RAM than the Xbox Series S.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-mario-3d-games-nintendo-switch-2-report/

Coming by way of an insider named Zippo, who has reported accurate info in the past, Nintendo is preparing to release its next 3D Super Mario game in 2024. This entry is said to be rolling out as a day-one release for Nintendo Switch 2, which is what most fans are dubbing Nintendo's unannounced new console. It was also stressed that this won't be a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey, which means that the game's title should be something completely new.

"This will be the game for Nintendo next year. Mario will be a day one Switch 2 game, and I would bet serious amounts of money that this will be the very first game that we will see running on their shiny new system," Zippo said in their blog. "This will be the first 3D Mario game to be a launch title since 1996's Super Mario 64, which means this is a big freaking deal. Expect a very strong launch lineup from Nintendo and third parties alike."

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-2-hdr/

As reported by Doctre81, Nintendo is looking to hire a graphics engineer whose responsibilities include testing of Nintendo's display functionality on different TVs and brands and developing, maintaining, and improving the display testing for Nintendo's system, both suggesting the Japanese company is working on something new that requires extensive testing.

RELATED STORY Nintendo Switch 2 Performance Is 15% Within the Range of Xbox Series S, Handheld Performance Close to ROG Ally

What really hints at the Nintendo Switch 2 having HDR support is a second job listing for a Senior Engineer, Display Technology & Development, whose duties include, among others, enhancing the overall picture quality through image process and tone mapping techniques. While HDR support is not outright named, the mention of tone mapping techniques leaves little doubt that Nintendo is at least testing high-dynamic range for its next console.

What do you make of these rumors, SW? Do you believe it? They all seem very plausible to me.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

A new 3D mario at launch makes sense. It's been a while since Odyssey. So certainly plausible. Hopefully Metroid Prime 4 also.

Far Cry 7 is also plausible: Ubisoft and Nintendo have a long working relationship. I think EA are also porting Jedi Survivor back to the X1 and PS4 and the main driver for that, i'd speculate, is to also make a Switch 2 build. If anyone is making a Switch 2 game then making it for the PS4 and X1 also makes a lot of sense (assuming the rumours on it's horsepower are true).

Speaking of which: the comparison to the XSS. It's possible but i'd say that will be docked performance. When running off the battery, i think it will be much closer to a Base PS4. The memory: it would be strange for it to have more than 10GB. It may be a case of it having less total memory but more available to games because the OS takes up less. So it may have 8GB total with the OS taking up 2GB.

However, going by the other rumours at least, if it is Nvidia based (highly likely), it could still offer better image quality than the XSS as DLSS does a better job upscaling from lower resolutions.

On a side note: I wonder are Nvidia going to do a custom DLSS for them? It looks like (again salt pinch) it's going to be Ampere based so Frame Gen ala DLSS 3.5 will be off the table (Unless they have customised the GPU and added the necessary bits from lovelace....i doubt it though). But I wonder if they could do it the way AMD will be doing it for FSR3. It probably won't be as nice as DLSS but it could still be a useful tool for devs to have if they have decided to make a game run at 60FPS on the Switch 2 anyway.

Though the real win for that tech on consoles would be if they could take games running at 30 and make them look like they are running at 60 while also still feeling responsive and having no artefacts....but that's a big ol other problem.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 923 Posts
Loading Video...

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3504 Posts

A day one 3D Mario is music to my ears and a great way to sell me the system. My wallet is really.

Curious to finally have some official confirmation and gameplay footage.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44540 Posts

I just want Nintendo to officially announce this already.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Whatever the games are, you can bet your ass it'll be the worst version of each game that you can buy. Mobile gaming btw.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

Switch 2 is then going to hold back gaming by 15%.🙃

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

This gonna hold back gaming again. No wonder Sony has no first party games, it’s all Nintendos fault.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Sounds good!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sounds good!

No it doesn't.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: Agreed. Sounds good indeed. New 3D Super Mario game for launch? Hell yeah! Let’s go!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Super Mario like Bowser's Fury, Lets-a-go!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

I can’t see a console launching in 2024 with lower memory bandwidth than the Series S. Then again, I couldn’t see a console launching in 2020 with that memory bandwidth, yet here we are

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1272 Posts

It will be interesting to see what kind of 3rd party support this thing gets...

Maybe developer's don't mind making another version of their games for Nintendo consoles since it can run like shit due to Switch players having no standards and they'll be able keep them at $70 forever.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@my_user_name said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of 3rd party support this thing gets...

Maybe developer's don't mind making another version of their games for Nintendo consoles since it can run like shit due to Switch players having no standards and they'll be able keep them at $70 forever.

I think we will finally see a Nintendo system that gets really good 3rd party support.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3496 Posts

Nintendo hurry up and announce it.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Sounds good to me. I can't believe I'm gonna drop another $300-$500 on a console for 3 games the entire gen 🙄.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

Sounds good to me. I can't believe I'm gonna drop another $300-$500 on a console for 3 games the entire gen 🙄.

You will do it and you will thank Nintendo 😎

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56401 Posts

Don't really care for Switch 2 rumors as they are always gonna be BS and until Nintendo finally announced its next-gen console, I'll be avoiding any Switch 2 rumors as they are a waste of my time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@davillain said:

Don't really care for Switch 2 rumors as they are always gonna be BS and until Nintendo finally announced its next-gen console, I'll be avoiding any Switch 2 rumors as they are a waste of my time.

Well, you can be sure it is going to be weak hardware but it is fun to see folks speculate stronger hardware.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56401 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

Well, you can be sure it is going to be weak hardware but it is fun to see folks speculate stronger hardware.

Trust me, I'm aware Nintendo's next-gen won't rival both Series X/PS5 as Nintendo always tries to innovate. Truth be told, innovation is what I like to see coming from Nintendo. Sony & MS, not so much on innovation.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

At this point, i just want to see it ... too many rumors and not enough facts and The Switch has been in the death bed for, depending on who you ask, at least 1 and half year... so yeah, we need something fast.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3257 Posts

I'm still skeptical of the Switch 2 will be as powerful as the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. It would be nice if it is but it would most likely be a very expensive console. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be as powerful as the PS4 and Xbox One but we will have to wait and see when Nintendo decides to show their new system in the future.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@AcidTango: PS5 and Series X shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Series S. It really shouldn't be that hard to reach that performance.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

I would be expecting around a 1060 in terms of performance. Which will be dated and might result in it facing third party issues from AAA devs later down the line.

As for the games. Bring me on. I bought over 30 games on my Switch. Which is probably the greatest I have bought for a single console.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@Archangel3371: I was hoping for a Mario Odyssey sequel, but any 3D Mario will be amazing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

I really hope the next 3D Mario is not Odyssey 2. Odyssey has like zero replayability.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371

@hrt_rulz01: Same here. Would have loved an Odyssey 2 but will in all likelihood enjoy any new 3D Super Mario game. Nintendo has an exceptional record with delivering the goods.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

@Litchie said:

I really hope the next 3D Mario is not Odyssey 2. Odyssey has like zero replayability.

I'm with ya on that one. Just wasn't crazy about Odyssey.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3504 Posts

Galaxy 3 would make me moist.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25060 Posts

Ubi ever gave up on trash franchise Far cry???

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

Ubi ever gave up on trash franchise Far cry???

Bro, you like Spiderman, you shouldn't be talking.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#34 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@mesome713: how's it nintendo fault Sony can't create games for its own systems lol get real nintendo is the only one who creates top notch games 100 percent of the time