COD: on Xbox One will run at 1080p, 60FPS

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

I wonder why no one from MS is confirming or denying this rumor. It is fishy that Sony has already come out to debunk the rumor on their side but no one from MS has come out to say "No, COD is 1080p Native on our console." Instead we have lems relying on articles that have an interview from June 2013 as their source.

The interview isn't from June. The article is dated 10/23. The reference of 1080P @60fps was from a Eurogamer article in June. So it was already confirmed back in June. They were confirming it again with the guy they was currently talking to. I don't know why he just didn't ask the guy the question and get it confirmed again. All we need to see is the back of the game box for confirmation.

I just read the article, the IW guy didn't reconfirm anything. He was talking about running the game on a 4K TV and saying the game looks good. The writer of the article was just quoting the Eurogamer article from June. We really need an MS representative to officially come out and confirm this thing, and put this whole speculation to rest.

Why an MS rep? Game isn't made or published by MS.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

I wonder why no one from MS is confirming or denying this rumor. It is fishy that Sony has already come out to debunk the rumor on their side but no one from MS has come out to say "No, COD is 1080p Native on our console." Instead we have lems relying on articles that have an interview from June 2013 as their source.

The interview isn't from June. The article is dated 10/23. The reference of 1080P @60fps was from a Eurogamer article in June. So it was already confirmed back in June. They were confirming it again with the guy they was currently talking to. I don't know why he just didn't ask the guy the question and get it confirmed again. All we need to see is the back of the game box for confirmation.

I just read the article, the IW guy didn't reconfirm anything. He was talking about running the game on a 4K TV and saying the game looks good. The writer of the article was just quoting the Eurogamer article from June. We really need an MS representative to officially come out and confirm this thing, and put this whole speculation to rest.

Why an MS rep? Game isn't made or published by MS.

Or an IW rep, doesn't matter either way. Their silence is what is causing the speculation to grow.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I'll take 720p BF4 over 1080p COD any day of the week.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

And just like that, the cows have been slaughtered.

another fail from CBOAT, why do ignorant cows continue to believe in him?

lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@DrRockso87 said:

@ronvalencia said:

@DrRockso87 said:

The article confirms that the Xbox One version will be in 1080p. Doesn't confirm if that's native or upscaled though.

Meanwhile, Adam Boyes from Sony confirms that Call of Duty Ghosts will be native 1080p on PS4. Little funny how Adam Boyes can confirm details about the PS4 version whereas Albert Penello and Phil Spencer can't confirm details about the Xbox One version. Just saying.

Being silent doesn't automatically equals 720p.

I didn't say it did. I just said, it's suspicious that one side (Sony) will confirm the resolution of the game running on their console while the other side (Microsoft) seems to be pretty dodgy about the question.

If the Xbox One version is native 1080p then okay. Great. Just say so. But avoiding answering the question makes people think they're hiding something.

IW already stated 1080p for both consoles. Why should IW continually counter some CBOAT statement? This CBOAT person needs to be fired i.e. the likes CBOAT makes a mockery of signed NDAs.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

IW already stated 1080p for both consoles. Why should IW continually counter some CBOAT statement? This CBOAT person needs to be fired i.e. the likes CBOAT makes a mockery of signed NDAs.

It would be in Microsoft's best interest to outright deny this rumour if it were false, the fact that they have not denied it as yet adds credence to it and the longer they go without denying it the more of a PR headache it is for them to deal with.

If the rumour were false it would have been denied by now, the rumour itself is causing people to cancel pre-orders and if they could put out the fire they would.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Am I the only person who finds it amusing that console gamers suddenly think 1080p matters? I mean last gen or technically this gen all I saw were posts on how 720 was fine and how people couldn't tell the difference between 720 and 1080. Now here we are, every other thread mentions 1080 on consoles. Funniest thing is, 1080 has almost become low resolution on PC. I just read a review on the AMD 290x, the reviewer even makes a comment on how nobody buys that card and plays on low resolutions like 1080. I myself am still playing in 1080 bit will soon upgrade to 1440.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 btk2k2

@Frozzik said:

Am I the only person who finds it amusing that console gamers suddenly think 1080p matters? I mean last gen or technically this gen all I saw were posts on how 720 was fine and how people couldn't tell the difference between 720 and 1080. Now here we are, every other thread mentions 1080 on consoles. Funniest thing is, 1080 has almost become low resolution on PC. I just read a review on the AMD 290x, the reviewer even makes a comment on how nobody buys that card and plays on low resolutions like 1080. I myself am still playing in 1080 bit will soon upgrade to 1440.

It is more that when the 360/PS3 released 480i was the standard with 720p becoming a lot more popular. There were some people who went 1080p back then but they were a small minority. Now 1080p is the standard so you would expect the entertainment devices to have been designed to target that resolution quite comfortably.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

The source Eurogamer link doesn't have the above claim..

From http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-ward/

As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p. "We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!"

Your text doesn't exist in http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-ward/ link

First bold part is what this news is based on.

Second bold part is the actual quote from Rubin which i no part say 1080p 60FPS.

1. OXM ETboy on 23 Oct '13 said:

I've asked Rubin to comment on that, but not had any word back just yet. He's in a different timezone, so if we hear I guess it'll be overnight.

3rd this which you claim doesn't exist scroll down past the article is on the comment section is from OXM..hahaha

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Could tormentos cry any more?

Yes i am all tears because COD is 720p on xbox one..hahaha

Proven? Awesome. Where's the evidence?

*tormentos cries*

What bigger evidence than the article it self not been refute by any one at IW or activision.?

@blackace said:

@cainetao11 said:

Dude, one of the developers of the game in question is hardly a credible source. Really bro..........

LMAO!! TCHBO!! Again!!

Look at all the Damage Control coming from bias cows. It's hilarious.

The article is dated Oct 23rd. They are confirming that it's 1080P - 60fps by using a statement from EuroGamer back in June.

In any case, we'll wait for a confirmation from Infinity Ward themselves. They haven't confirmed the PS4 to be 1080P either. It's funny watching cows panicking on here. LOL!!!

I should bookmark this thread as well it will make for a great when this games are out,how come that a site with crappy reputation has confirmed that COD is 1080p but Albert Panello doesn't know..hahaha

The article quote Eurogamer with links,and they make a bold claim they them self don't back up,listen you all on that same article the person who wrote the article is ask in the comment section if the game is 1080p,and he say that he asked and he hasn't been told WTF are you people blind.?

The article was shut down by the same people who wrote it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By tormentos

Albert Penello

The guy that runs 3rd party relations for Xbox is one of my best friends. And we have to play this information game all the time. He has the utmost respect for the confidentiality of partner details. So I did call him and ask him, and he told me very directly “You don’t need to know”

End of conversation. End of speculation.

Nobody at MS will comment on this. Most people don’t know. This is Activision’s product, and it’s completely up to them on how/when they want to show this product, why they choose to roll-out their game in a certain way, and what platforms they choose to show on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87365419&postcount=1652

Can any of you tell me how Panello doesn't know and OXM do,.? Hahahahaa all games that release on xbox pass for a certification process and quality control this is not new is on all consoles.

IW has confirmed sh** Panello is running all time high damage controls,Activision is showing the PS4 version in an move without precedents since Activision and MS inked a deal,the xbox one version been hide like almost all xbox games version of multiplatform games.

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/15/sony-playstation-4-launch-edition-already-sold-out-at-amazon/

Remember this from June.? Look how he claims that an anonymous developer told him that the difference will be see out of the gate,and he uses Call of Duty Ghost by name as example..

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

WTF,..

As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p. "We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!"

The first thing they say is ""AS REVEALED BY EUROGAMER"" You do know that the Eurogamer link in red actually take you to the june article by Eurogamer right.?

Wow lemming are hugely butthurt by this,such denial the game is 720p until confirmed by DF Deal with it..

Your grasping is pathetic now.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos

Again, you missed my post's context. I was replying against the following claim by danbo

"As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p, upscaled from 720p on the Xbox One. "We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!""

The statement above DOES NOT exist in the original http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-ward link

The original text is as follows

-------

OXM's article doesn't negate http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

@tormentos

Can any of you tell me how Panello doesn't know and OXM do,.? Hahahahaa all games that release on xbox pass for a certification process and quality control this is not new is on all consoles.

IW has confirmed sh** Panello is running all time high damage controls,Activision is showing the PS4 version in an move without precedents since Activision and MS inked a deal,the xbox one version been hide like almost all xbox games version of multiplatform games.

I don't care about innuendos BS. Your innuendos BS doesn't prove sh**.

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

IW already stated 1080p for both next-gen consoles.

PS; It would be LOL episode if Wii U's CoDG has 1280x720p.

@tormentos

Wow lemming are hugely butthurt by this,such denial the game is 720p until confirmed by DF Deal with it..

Wow cows are hugely butthurt by this,such denial the game is 1080p** until confirmed by DF Deal with it.

**based from IW's statement from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Should this be news? a non-next gen game is 1080p 60 fps? cod games look crap even for their time.

Wake me up whe nthese new plastic boxes play Battlefield 4 on ultra, 1080p, 60 fps DX11 or equivilant. then anyone should give a damn.

until then, these machines are already outdated overhyped nonsense with nothing to offer on release, if that is the case, call me in 2 years when they get some games that don't cost £400 to run and £59 per copy.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos

Again, you missed my post's context. I was replying against the following claim by danbo

"As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p, upscaled from 720p on the Xbox One. "We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!""

The statement above DOES NOT exist in the original http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-ward link

-------

OXM's article doesn't negate http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

@tormentos

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

@tormentos

Wow cows are hugely butthurt by this,such denial the game is 1080p** until confirmed by DF Deal with it.

**based from IW's statement from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

In other words you really have problems understanding English or your damage control is so great that it has you completely blind.

That link you quoted 3 times is old,is from june and i nothing dismiss the claims of COD been 720p on xbox one,because the 720p news are fresh news is from recent days not from 4 months ago.

The PS4 version was confirmed to be 1080p 60 FPS a few days ago,the xbox one version hasn't been,and Activision has not comment,MS is completely refusing to comment,when they have been very vocals about other games like Ryse resolution which they first claim to be 1080p and the 900p,but some now no one knows what COD will be on xbox one.

I don't think it will be native,and if the game by a miracle hit 1080p 60 FPS it will do so with very downgraded graphics compare to the PS4 version.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos

-------

@tormentos

@tormentos

In other words you really have problems understanding English or your damage control is so great that it has you completely blind.

That link you quoted 3 times is old,is from june and i nothing dismiss the claims of COD been 720p on xbox one,because the 720p news are fresh news is from recent days not from 4 months ago.

The PS4 version was confirmed to be 1080p 60 FPS a few days ago,the xbox one version hasn't been,and Activision has not comment,MS is completely refusing to comment,when they have been very vocals about other games like Ryse resolution which they first claim to be 1080p and the 900p,but some now no one knows what COD will be on xbox one.

I don't think it will be native,and if the game by a miracle hit 1080p 60 FPS it will do so with very downgraded graphics compare to the PS4 version.

No, there's no real substance with your innuendos. Your manufacturing innuendos that supports your conclusions.

COD-G 720p for X1 is a rumour which directly conflicts with IW's 1080p for both consoles statement.

I have already stated reduced graphic details** if Box 1 is weaker than Box 2 when both boxes target similar resolutions and frame rates.

**It depends if the game is heavily CU bound. Reduced graphic details can involve swapping high quality effects with lower quality version i.e. the core experience would be the same but with some differences.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I love these battles, makes SW's a great place.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

No, there's no real substance with your innuendos. Your manufacturing innuendos that supports your conclusions.

COD-G 720p for X1 is a rumour which directly conflicts with IW's 1080p for both consoles statement.

I have already stated reduced graphic details** if Box 1 is weaker than Box 2 when both boxes target similar resolutions and frame rates.

**It depends if the game is heavily CU bound.

THE PS4 VERSION WAS CONFIRMED TO BE 1080P A FEW DAYS AGO THE XBOX ONE VERSION WASN'T.

And Activision is hiding the xbox one version even that they have always show the xbox version and hide the PS3 one,now the PS4 is the one been show and the xbox one hide.

Unless you have a recent link confirming 1080p you have no point,because this thread is based on june info and the article maker actually admits that he hasn't get a reply from Acticcision confirming it.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

THE PS4 VERSION WAS CONFIRMED TO BE 1080P A FEW DAYS AGO THE XBOX ONE VERSION WASN'T.

And Activision is hiding the xbox one version even that they have always show the xbox version and hide the PS3 one,now the PS4 is the one been show and the xbox one hide.

Unless you have a recent link confirming 1080p you have no point,because this thread is based on june info and the article maker actually admits that he hasn't get a reply from Acticcision confirming it.

Again, COD-G 720p for X1 is a rumour which directly conflicts with IW's 1080p for both consoles statement.

There's no real substance with your innuendos and your manufacturing innuendos that supports your conclusions. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

Non-communication doesn't automatically prove 720p for X1.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Again, COD-G 720p for X1 is a rumour which directly conflicts with IW's 1080p for both consoles statement.

There's no real substance with your innuendos and your manufacturing innuendos that supports your conclusions. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

Agreed. While it's true that most recent news of CoD as 1080 on X1 are as far back as June; there is no news to the contrary since then of legitimate origin. Thus we assume 1080 unless confirmed otherwise.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ronvalencia

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Agreed. While it's true that most recent news of CoD as 1080 on X1 are as far back as June; there is no news to the contrary since then of legitimate origin. Thus we assume 1080 unless confirmed otherwise.

CBOAT should use his real name and claim COD-G is 720p for X1.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 inggrish

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

I don't really keep up with what CBOAT says, but from what I have heard he mostly says stuff to get attention, so I don't really care what he says.

There is no way that CoD-G would not be 1080 though on X1, not when Call of Duty has been 1080 and 60fps on current gen consoles for ages.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ronvalencia

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

I don't really keep up with what CBOAT says, but from what I have heard he mostly says stuff to get attention, so I don't really care what he says.

There is no way that CoD-G would not be 1080 though on X1, not when Call of Duty has been 1080 and 60fps on current gen consoles for ages.

COD hasn't been 1080p/60fps on current gen consoles. http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113344

It would be funny if Wii U has COD-G with 720p with enhanced textures (up to 1 GB).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

It hasn't even come close to that!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By inggrish

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

COD hasn't been 1080p/60fps on current gen consoles. http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113344

It would be funny if Wii U has COD-G with 720p with enhanced textures (up to 1 GB).

.... Oh, well i'll be. I thought they were always 1080 native. Fair enough then.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 btk2k2

@ronvalencia said:

With all of the bad press and with how this is blowing up on twitter no communication is a strong indicator just like it was for the DriveClub delay rumour that turned out to be true.

This is impacting pre-orders already, do you really think MS would be letting this happen if it was not true? If this rumour was incorrect it would have been debunked instantly but it has not and the only reason not to debunk it, despite the damage it is doing to the Xbox brand, is because telling the truth that COD:G is indeed 720p will do even more damage.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ronvalencia

@btk2k2 said:

@ronvalencia said:

With all of the bad press and with how this is blowing up on twitter no communication is a strong indicator just like it was for the DriveClub delay rumour that turned out to be true.

This is impacting pre-orders already, do you really think MS would be letting this happen if it was not true? If this rumour was incorrect it would have been debunked instantly but it has not and the only reason not to debunk it, despite the damage it is doing to the Xbox brand, is because telling the truth that COD:G is indeed 720p will do even more damage.

Let it blow up like what has happened to constant online DRM.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 inggrish

@ronvalencia said:

@btk2k2 said:

@ronvalencia said:

I don't get the relevance here? The DRM thing blew up which resulted in MS changing it, if the resolution thing is true, and this blows up, what can anyone do about it? The hardware is already set

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By btk2k2

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@btk2k2 said:

@ronvalencia said:

I don't get the relevance here? The DRM thing blew up which resulted in MS changing it, if the resolution thing is true, and this blows up, what can anyone do about it? The hardware is already set

If IW spend more time after release trying to make better use of the ESRAM they might put out a patch for the X1 that ups the quality but weather they can get to 1080p or not is an unknown and will Activision really want to spend time optimising an already released game when they could be churning out the next iteration?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

This should be obvious. It is incredibly entertaining to watch Cows brag about "graphics". I mean, literally, there's one game displaying gorgeous visuals. Get over it.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 inggrish

@btk2k2 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@btk2k2 said:

@ronvalencia said:

If IW spend more time after release trying to make better use of the ESRAM they might put out a patch for the X1 that ups the quality but weather they can get to 1080p or not is an unknown and will Activision really want to spend time optimising an already released game when they could be churning out the next iteration?

Hmm perhaps, but I doubt a patch would change the game that drastically. Might spur them to put more time into the sequel though.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Dude you don't get it that LINK is OLD,even if IW stated that it doesn't mean it will hold up,a representative told Eurogamer that Ryse was 1080p and ended been 900p,if this was not true Activision would have kill this rumor long ago,and MS as well.

Once again the game hasn't been confirmed to be 1080p on xbox one.

I have this thread bookmark lets see how well your theory holds since most have been wrong already.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Dude you don't get it that LINK is OLD,even if IW stated that it doesn't mean it will hold up,a representative told Eurogamer that Ryse was 1080p and ended been 900p,if this was not true Activision would have kill this rumor long ago,and MS as well.

I have this thread bookmark lets see how well your theory holds since most have been wrong already.

LOL My posts in this topic are not theories i.e. they are the standard devil's advocate 101 counter reply.

"That LINK is OLD" is your assertion.

---------------

Since you restarted personal based debates. I'll continue it for you.

You can't do math properly.

Most of my postings are against your mismatch PC part selections i.e.

1. triangle rate mismatch with 7770 for X1

2. memory bandwidth rate mismatch with 7790 for X1

3. 32 ROPs' raw bandwidth requirements. Practical 3DMark fillrate benchmark between 7970 vs 7850 shows my points are not theories.

I haven't claimed any X1 running resolutions.

From http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

Btw, you compared PS4's 176Gb/s theoretical bandwidth against X1's "real" ESRAM bandwidth which is not apple vs orange comparison.

You either compare theoretical vs theoretical or real vs real.

My PS4 > X1 would be better than yours i.e. Lems wouldn't be less likely to counter-attack on a matter of procedure.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tormentos

@_Matt_ said:

COD is not native 1080p on current gen consoles,is not even 720p native is sub HD.

Is upscale.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

LOL My posts in this topic are not theories i.e. they are the standard devil's advocate 101 counter reply.

---------------

3. 32 ROPs' raw bandwidth requirements. Practical 3DMark fillrate benchmark between 7970 vs 7850 shows my points are not theories.

From http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

Btw, you compared PS4's 176Gb/s theoretical bandwidth against X1's "real" ESRAM bandwidth which is not apple vs orange comparison.

Real bandwidth you mean the 204GB/s that you always have in your arguments and that even MS say is not achievable.?

They claim 140Gb to 150GB/s period from the 204Gb/s so yeah,the PS4 one still faster and there is a 20GB/s from GPU to CPU as well.

1-You claimed Volcanic island.

2-W5000

3-Prototype 7850

All wrong and is a 7790 by MS own words.

The xbox one GPU has less usable power than a 7770 lol memory and bandwidth mean little when your GPU is weak.

Hell Titanfall is also say to be 720p.

So unless Activision comes forward and say is 1080p 60 fps,COD is gimped based on a leak,we all know leaks for the xbox one have hold very well almost all of them.

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

---------------

My PS4 > X1 would be better than yours i.e. Lems wouldn't be less likely to counter-attack on a matter of procedure.

cotdamn

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@DrRockso87 said:

@ronvalencia said:

@DrRockso87 said:

The article confirms that the Xbox One version will be in 1080p. Doesn't confirm if that's native or upscaled though.

Meanwhile, Adam Boyes from Sony confirms that Call of Duty Ghosts will be native 1080p on PS4. Little funny how Adam Boyes can confirm details about the PS4 version whereas Albert Penello and Phil Spencer can't confirm details about the Xbox One version. Just saying.

I didn't say it did. I just said, it's suspicious that one side (Sony) will confirm the resolution of the game running on their console while the other side (Microsoft) seems to be pretty dodgy about the question.

If the Xbox One version is native 1080p then okay. Great. Just say so. But avoiding answering the question makes people think they're hiding something.

"1080p" =/= "Native 1080p"

I don't deny Call of Duty Ghosts will run in 1080p on Xbox One. The question is, will it run in native 1080p like the PS4 version confirmed or will it need to be upscaled to 1080p from 720p?

Again, all Microsoft or Infinity Ward have to do is simply say, "The Xbox One version will run in native 1080p on Xbox One" and boom, rumor squashed. Until then, people will remain skeptical.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ronvalencia

@DrRockso87 said:

@ronvalencia said:

@DrRockso87 said:

@ronvalencia said:

@DrRockso87 said:

"1080p" =/= "Native 1080p"

I don't deny Call of Duty Ghosts will run in 1080p on Xbox One. The question is, will it run in native 1080p like the PS4 version confirmed or will it need to be upscaled to 1080p from 720p?

Again, all Microsoft or Infinity Ward have to do is simply say, "The Xbox One version will run in native 1080p on Xbox One" and boom, rumor squashed. Until then, people will remain skeptical.

The context from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on Xbox One andPlayStation 4, Infinity Ward has said".

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ronvalencia
@@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

---------------

Real bandwidth you mean the 204GB/s that you always have in your arguments and that even MS say is not achievable.?

They claim 140Gb to 150GB/s period from the 204Gb/s so yeah,the PS4 one still faster and there is a 20GB/s from GPU to CPU as well.

1-You claimed Volcanic island.

2-W5000

3-Prototype 7850

All wrong and is a 7790 by MS own words.

The xbox one GPU has less usable power than a 7770 lol memory and bandwidth mean little when your GPU is weak.

Hell Titanfall is also say to be 720p.

So unless Activision comes forward and say is 1080p 60 fps,COD is gimped based on a leak,we all know leaks for the xbox one have hold very well almost all of them.

1. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/possible

"that may exist or happen, but that is not certain or probable:"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/possible

Full Definition of POSSIBLE

1a : being within the limits of ability, capacity, or realization <a possible but difficult task>

b : being what may be conceived, be done, or occur according to nature, custom, or manners <the best possible care> <the worst possible circumstance>

2a : being something that may or may not occur <a possible surprise visit>

b : being something that may or may not be true or actual <possible explanation>

3: having an indicated potential <a possible housing site>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. W5000 is just a slower prototype 7850 card with 12 working CUs and lower memory bandwidth.

3. The focus point for the prototype 7850 is it's 12 working CUs and it's memory bandwidth relationship. PC's 7790's memory is operating around 96 GB/s.

The 8 disabled CUs will NOT play any part with performance approximation.

4. Titan's memory operates around 288 GB/s (peak) and has sizeable very fast SRAM caches.

Remember,

• NV SMX's L1 cache/shared memory has 256 byte per cycle rate, similar to four AMD CU's L1 cache 64 byte per cycle rate.
  • SMX unit has 192 stream processors which roughly similar to four CU's 64 stream processors count.
  • NV Titan has 14 SMX units with 2688 stream processors. R9-290X has 2816 stream processors which makes it about same class as NVIDIA Titan.

You just talking garbage. Your shallow brain is only limited to basic marketing code names and can't do math properly.

PS4 = 1152 stream processors at 800 Mhz

X1 = 768 stream processors at 853 Mhz

It's LOL when you compared R9-290X class GPU (i.e. NV's Titan) against X1.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Im hoping ms comes out and squashes rumor. I go crazy because I know cod is capable. Work 24 hours straight. Hone the esram do what you gotta. Delay 2 weeks. 1080p is key to success. Marketing suicide. Kids will fold fast. Trickle up to the parents. Word of mouth goes a long freaking way. It only matters with cod

Im not even a cod fan but its presence is undeniable. Hope they are listening because it definitely matters.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#141 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

Yeah, to anyone who is in doubt, I AM confirming its 720p on Xbox One, or you can deal with it when you find out for sure in the next few weeks..

Also got word from my former-colleagues; BF4 is NOT running 1080p on Xbone, but it is on PS4.

And the other thing I posted this morning - the one about the mandatory day 1 patch for the Xbox One being over 2 Gbs - Hopefully no one forgot about that one yet, but i'm sure many will choose to ignore it. Doesn't matter though, Day 1 buyers are in for some rude awakenings if they care about any of the 3 points I just posted.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@theshensolidus said:

Yeah, to anyone who is in doubt, I AM confirming its 720p on Xbox One, or you can deal with it when you find out for sure in the next few weeks..

Also got word from my former-colleagues; BF4 is NOT running 1080p on Xbone, but it is on PS4.

And the other thing I posted this morning - the one about the mandatory day 1 patch for the Xbox One being over 2 Gbs - Hopefully no one forgot about that one yet, but i'm sure many will choose to ignore it. Doesn't matter though, Day 1 buyers are in for some rude awakenings if they care about any of the 3 points I just posted.

Yes, how dare people ignore your random statements.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@bobbetybob: I'm a dev who has been coming on this board for the last 6 months or so (longer really, but I was a fan back in those days), giving details and tidbits here and there. Took a break around the site redesign (and lost my account in the process) due to my increased workload, but it paid off and our game has a release date and an AWESOME CE edition (just announced all of it this week! :D)

Anyway, i've just been putting this stuff out there because I know some people want to know and want to make informed purchasing decisions. I know that certain parties are going to work diligently to keep things under wraps until up to the point of launch, I just feel informed purchasing decisions are always better.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

@bobbetybob: I'm a dev who has been coming on this board for the last 6 months or so (longer really, but I was a fan back in those days), giving details and tidbits here and there. Took a break around the site redesign (and lost my account in the process) due to my increased workload, but it paid off and our game has a release date and an AWESOME CE edition (just announced all of it this week! :D)

Anyway, i've just been putting this stuff out there because I know some people want to know and want to make informed purchasing decisions. I know that certain parties are going to work diligently to keep things under wraps until up to the point of launch, I just feel informed purchasing decisions are always better.

Are they not keeping it under wraps because Microsoft is helping to get it better??

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#145 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

I don't any reason not to believe you Shen, You were one of the first people to call out one of Kinect's flaws with voice recognition, as well. ( About the banning of saying "Xbox Off" at your job)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

The context from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

"Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on Xbox One andPlayStation 4, Infinity Ward has said".

First of all for the 10 time that link is old as hell and in nothing debunk then new rumor.

@ronvalencia said:

1. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/possible

"that may exist or happen, but that is not certain or probable:"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/possible

Full Definition of POSSIBLE

1a : being within the limits of ability, capacity, or realization <a possible but difficult task>

b : being what may be conceived, be done, or occur according to nature, custom, or manners <the best possible care> <the worst possible circumstance>

2a : being something that may or may not occur <a possible surprise visit>

b : being something that may or may not be true or actual <possible explanation>

3: having an indicated potential <a possible housing site>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. W5000 is just a slower prototype 7850 card with 12 working CUs and lower memory bandwidth.

3. The focus point for the prototype 7850 is it's 12 working CUs and it's memory bandwidth relationship. PC's 7790's memory is operating around 96 GB/s.

The 8 disabled CUs will NOT play any part with performance approximation.

4. Titan's memory operates around 288 GB/s (peak) and has sizeable very fast SRAM caches.

Remember,

• NV SMX's L1 cache/shared memory has 256 byte per cycle rate, similar to four AMD CU's L1 cache 64 byte per cycle rate.
  • SMX unit has 192 stream processors which roughly similar to four CU's 64 stream processors count.
  • NV Titan has 14 SMX units with 2688 stream processors. R9-290X has 2816 stream processors which makes it about same class as NVIDIA Titan.

You just talking garbage. Your shallow brain is only limited to basic marketing code names and can't do math properly.

PS4 = 1152 stream processors at 800 Mhz

X1 = 768 stream processors at 853 Mhz

It's LOL when you compared R9-290X class GPU (i.e. NV's Titan) against X1.

Oh please STFU and take your probable crap else where you say Volcanic Island,W5000 and prototype 7850 period all of them wrong.

MS stated 14 CU 2 disable for redundancy,the only GCN with 14 CU is Bonaire 7790,and that is the ones sites like DF say which you your self use when it serve you best,is Bonaire unless you have proof and since you don't have is Bonaire.

Every one of the Xbox One dev kits actually has 14 CUs on the silicon. Two of those CUs are reserved for redundancy in manufacturing.

Neither Sony nor Microsoft will admit it, but their base graphics architecture does tally very closely with AMD's Pitcairn (left) and Bonaire (right) designs respectively, as found in the Radeon HD 7870 and the HD 7790.

Digital Foundry: So 140-150GB/s is a realistic target and you can integrate DDR3 bandwidth simultaneously?

Nick Baker: Yes. That's been measured.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-complete-xbox-one-interview

All your arguments destroy by Eurogamer and MS.

But but Pitcairn prototype-- wrong that GPU is 12 CU not 14.

But but 204Gb/s from ESRAM -- wrong again only 140GB to 150 GB best case scenario.

And now news of 720p xbox one games everywhere and you refuse to admit it,and hide on old ass links with no validity what so ever..hahaha

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

Developer that frequents SW, huh?

Now that's something you don't see every day, have any proof to back it up?

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

@NameIess_One: If you don't believe him ignore him why would you ask a silly question like that(it's not like you are asking something that would get him in trouble smh)

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

There's some chatter on GAF about MS having a review embargo and keeping details of multiplats versions of their games a secret by the press. It's why we aren't getting details on how PS4 and X1 versions fair in comparison to each other. We will get details at launch eventually. Gee....I wonder what they are trying to hide lol

There are also rumors about the OS on X1 being buggy and it affecting the online portion of X1 games lol. This can't be good for MS if true.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@DaHater7 said:

@NameIess_One: If you don't believe him ignore him why would you ask a silly question like that(it's not like you are asking something that would get him in trouble smh)

I'm not flat-out calling him a liar, I just find his claims highly suspicious, so as far as I'm concerned, asking for some proof is more than reasonable.