What memories do you have of playing kiosks?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Kiosks are kinda of interesting to look back at for me it's not special as going to the arcades but it was still a part of some old school retro memories. The one I remember the most was going to a local Sears at a mall in the early 90's and playing the original Sonic the hedgehog game it actually push me to get a Sega Genesis I was so impressed by it back then. The other game I believe was a Super Mario World kiosk but I can't remember where I played it and the last memory I have of kiosk was at a Best Buy and seeing a Madden game I believe it was for the launch of the 360 so probably in 2005. So what games have you played or remember seeing in a kiosk?

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

One time a kiosk actually lead to a sale for me was Tony Hawk Pro Skater. They had it in a kiosk in Gamestation and I was hooked as soon as I started playing. Knew I had to buy the game.

ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts

I was really hyped about Xbox 360 kiosk and the DS kiosk. After than I kind of lost interest in console gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

The one that stands out in my mind was the kiosk for the launch of the Gamecube since it completely changed what games that I decided to buy with my Gamecube.

I remember the games that I was looking forward to at that time were Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Wave Race, but as I tried them on the kiosk, I wasn't really caring for them very much. I then decided to try a weird game called Super Monkey Ball which wasn't even on my radar as a potential purchase at that time, but I fell in love with it.

I ended up buying Super Monkey Ball along with my Gamecube instead of those other games and Super Monkey Ball ended up being one of my top 3 games of that generation. Had it not been for that kiosk, I would have been disappointed with the games that I got at launch and I might never have even given Super Monkey Ball a chance.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Surprising none. I didn't bother with game kiosk demos. There were at Gamestop, Best buy etc. But I never played them while at the store. I just bought the game I was going to play. Didn't have the patience to wait for a turn to play the demo.