Are there any retro games you regret not getting?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

Did you ever debate on buying a particular game while in a store, saying to yourself "maybe another time", and were then unable to find it anywhere ever again? I remember the last year the local EB games store was selling PS1 and N64 games. They had stacks of sealed Final Fantasy VII games. There were lots of stellar N64 games like Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Star Fox 64 and so on. They were dirt cheap too. Thankfully, digital downloads are becoming more popular, like on PSN and Live.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Regret, no? Would it have been smart to make a small investment? Sure. I remember the $19.99 Dreamcast/Virtual Boy price. Many old systems, actually. When the GBAsp was being phased out it was much cheaper.

And then there are the games. Here I speak more about actually playing the games. I tend to miss out on games that arrive late in a console gen when the new systems come out. Later snes releases because of N64/psx, and later N64 releases because of Dreamcast.

Funny you mention FF7 because it is one of the few games I have laying around that wasn't lost in a flood/borrowed indefinitely. Mint with the reciept still in the jewel case.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

CannonSpike many years ago. I found it and couldn't afford it that day, then prayed to return later in the week and get it, it was gone. Luckily one of my other relatives churned up a copy.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I don't regret not buying retro games. Since at the time I just didn't have the money to buy a particular game. Except for he NES games of Bubble Bobble 2 and Tengen Tetris. Which I did have the money to buy them but I actually passed on buying these.

Bubble Bobble 2 did not have 2 player co-op like the first NES Bubble Bobble. Instead it is alternating 2 player. So playing $350.00 was not the best idea. As for Tengen Tetris I didn't want to pay $120.00 just for Tetris loose cart. Tengen Tetris does have co-op but the cart only was not in the best condition. Besides it is just Tetris.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#5 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I can't say there have been times where I have regretted buying games since I am pretty discriminatory when it comes to adding games to my collection. However, there have been SO many times when I have been in a store looking at a game now worth hundreds and thinking to myself "I used to own that...but I sold it". Teenage me was kind of stupid and impulsive. Then again, I didn't know it would be neigh impossible to buy those games again later. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I passed on Windjammers AES a few times before Giantbomb made it big. I couod have bought it for less than $80. Then I was forced to buy the Neo Geo CD version for $100 Unopened instead of paying over $800 for a used AES version. It's a great game so I don't know what I was waiting for. I've paid more for less. I guess I made up for things by purchasing SVC Chaos AES for $150 and selling for $450.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

COD: Advanced warfare.

I was so pumped to play that shit on day one, then I played it