Pre-Paid Credit Cards on Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
My parents dont like using their CC on the internet cause they think every site is a scam *sigh*. I'm wondering if pre-paid Credit cards work to buy some stuff off of steam? If not would registering that card with paypal work? Also where would be a place to get a Visa or Mastercard ones (in Canada).
psp-freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psp-freak
Member since 2005 • 528 Posts
My parents got tired of me using their credit cards so they got me a prepaid mastercard. it works perfectly on steam. the one I use is the MuchMusic Prepaid Mastercard (I'm in canada too) http://www.muchmusic.com/muchmusiccard/index.asp
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I used one yesterday morning for COD4. The other one I got doesn't work though. So, they do work but some of them won't I think.
koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
You're parents think its a scam? Sorry to hear that dude, I feel for you. Most parents don't understand computers or magical picture screens, it's a generation thing. Anyway seems like pre-paid cards work just fine.
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
My parents got tired of me using their credit cards so they got me a prepaid mastercard. it works perfectly on steam. the one I use is the MuchMusic Prepaid Mastercard (I'm in canada too) http://www.muchmusic.com/muchmusiccard/index.asppsp-freak
Thanks, that seems like a perfect solution (other than the ridiculous start up fee, but i'm willing to pay it).
psp-freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psp-freak
Member since 2005 • 528 Posts
[QUOTE="psp-freak"]My parents got tired of me using their credit cards so they got me a prepaid mastercard. it works perfectly on steam. the one I use is the MuchMusic Prepaid Mastercard (I'm in canada too) http://www.muchmusic.com/muchmusiccard/index.aspalbi321
Thanks, that seems like a perfect solution (other than the ridiculous start up fee, but i'm willing to pay it).

The only downside to that card is the startup fee and the $1.50 it costs when you put money onto it. Other than that it's great and works everywhere a regular credit card works.
Avatar image for xxnorthweaponxx
xxnorthweaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxnorthweaponxx
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Where can you buy the Muchmusic Master Card?
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
It works bro, I use Visa gift cards you buy in the store.
CoolKid006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 CoolKid006
Member since 2009 • 730 Posts

Thanks guys! This was a HUGE help! :D